American Journal of Modern Energy

Volume 3, Issue 4, August 2017

  • Coastal Livelihood Vulnerability to Climate Change: A Case Study of Char Montaz in Patuakhali District of Bangladesh

    Saydur Rahman, Md. Touhiduzzaman, Irteja Hasan

    Issue: Volume 3, Issue 4, August 2017
    Pages: 58-64
    Received: 14 May 2017
    Accepted: 6 June 2017
    Published: 14 July 2017
    Abstract: This study was conducted at coastal Char Montaz in Rangabali Upazila at Patuakhali district of Bangladesh. Char Montaz is vulnerable to different types of destructive disasters due to its geographic location. Disasters such as floods, river bank erosion, cyclone, tornado, hail storm, water logging, salinity intrusion etc. are gradually intensifying... Show More
  • Asymmetry Interactions of Electrons and Positrons in Strong Pulsed Laser Fields

    Stanislav Starodub, Sergei Roshchupkin, Viktor Dubov

    Issue: Volume 3, Issue 4, August 2017
    Pages: 65-72
    Received: 15 May 2017
    Accepted: 15 June 2017
    Published: 21 July 2017
    Abstract: The interaction of two electrons and two positrons in the field of two strong pulsed laser waves outside the framework of the dipole approximation (with an accuracy of relativistic corrections v/c) has been studied theoretically. The possibility of significant asymmetry in the interactions of particles and antiparticles in the external laser fields... Show More
  • Combining Wind and Solar Energy to Meet Demands in Somali Region of Ethiopia (A Case of Dembel District)

    Natei Ermias Benti

    Issue: Volume 3, Issue 4, August 2017
    Pages: 73-83
    Received: 13 May 2017
    Accepted: 31 May 2017
    Published: 25 July 2017
    Abstract: Shortage of electric power is a serious problem in Ethiopia. The population living in urban and semi urban areas connected to the national grid makes only less than 20% of the total. The remaining 80% of the population in scattered rural villages and have very remote chance to get electricity from the grid. The only realistic approach to electrify ... Show More
  • Analysis of Wave Power Plant on the Northeast Coast of the Absheron Peninsula

    Fuad Mammadov

    Issue: Volume 3, Issue 4, August 2017
    Pages: 84-89
    Received: 11 May 2017
    Accepted: 29 June 2017
    Published: 9 August 2017
    Abstract: The article deals with the study of Wells turbine in accordance with the wave energy potential of the northeastern coast of the Absheron Peninsula. Show a methodical approach to determine the main technical parameters of the turbine Wells. In accordance with the procedure were the main parameters of the Wells turbine, including efficiency and produ... Show More